||[May. 22nd, 2007|04:03 pm]
Vote Bush Out
|||||Proud to be an American||]|
Copied from notspam. I feel so filthy now.
None other than Nancy Pelosi posed a question to Yahoo! Answers recently. Her question has had so far, over 19 thousand replies. Now while there are certainly some great and intelligent replies there, of those replies, based upon my perusal of several pages of replies, a good 60 to 70 percent of them are similar to the excerpts I am sharing with you below. Her question was concerning global warming and what people would like to see concerning it. Specifically, Ms Pelusi's question is as follows: "Congress is working on legislation to address global warming - what would you like to see included?" Here are some excerpts of the answers of about 60-70% of NINETEEN THOUSAND PEOPLE:
- This is a big waste of time and money. Congress shouldn't be bogged down with the latest fad. Maybe they should work on real issues instead.
- Firstly, quit making President Bush out to be a bad guy. He has served our country well and with his whole heart. He truly is concerned for our people and people in other countries as well. I commend him. He is a Godly man and I would love to see more Godly, conservative people serving in the House and Congress and all positions in politics.
- If all of you people would read in your Bibles(Holy Bible). since we are a nation founded on God, you would see that he clearly is against abortion and homosexuality. I know these issues aren't directly related to global warming, but to me these take precedence over that issue.
- Not a damn thing. The science does not support "man-made" global warming. So take a vacation and leave us alone.
- The global warming hysteria needs to be seriously reconsidered. Proponents are using the slight increase in temperature to push through their socialist political agenda. 25 years ago they were getting ready to use the slight decrease in temperature to push through their agenda. The global warming hoaxsters are using fascist tactics to silence and ignore their opposition. There are plenty of scientists who dispute the alarming predictions, but the liberal mainstream media and Democrats treat them like they don't exist. Thank goodness for our freedom of speech to inform people of the alternate viewpoint. But if Democrats could have their way, they will eliminate the 1st Amendment with their "fairness doctrine".
- Damages to the environment, for the most part, are being carried out by Third World nations. The best thing the US can do is to help stabilize those nations and build its own economy.
- There is no such thin as Global Warming, Sant Claus or the Easter Bunny, Get over it. Source(s): 70 years of common sense and belief in God to still be in control
- Further more you all need to support our troops at war when i see you trying to pull them out i think it's just communistic.
- The fact that the ice is melting is not going to raise the water levels as we have been told.
- Whether you believe in the war or not, public support for all is necessary for the welfare of our troops and the support of our allies.
- I totally disagree with globle warming. The earth goes thorugh natural cycles that God put in place and man has nothing to do with it. You are again wasting time and money talking about something you have no control over.
- Do Nothing Global warming is a LIBERAL LIE! Source(s): Mother Earth
- I am so sick of politicians thinking the American public is ignorant. If global warming was such a problem, why didn't Bill and Al do something about it when they had eight years in office? Is it only a problem when a republican is in the white house?
- I would like to see two things: (1) an honest look at the science. According to recent scientific data, man's contribution to the greenhouse effect is less than one-half of one percent.
- I think it is ridiculous for our Speaker to come on Yahoo and ask for input on a subject that has not even been proven as fact. Next she will be asking for unicorn sightings.
- No legislation at all about global warming. Global warming is the biggest fraud this country has ever seen. I have yet to see any evidence supporting global warming that has not been refuted. The U.N. has even stated that if the science does not support they're point of view, they will just change the science! It's hard to believe that they actually said it! Goes to show their real agenda.
- Nothing, you need to be concentrating on far greater issues, what gobal warming ?? you people make science when science isn't even there. be nice to hear the truth out of the Democrats. And also stop trying to make the war a quaggmire just like you did in Veitnam!!
- I know this will be hard for you people to believe. Al Gore's film is filled with garbage and distorted truths. Any scientist who understands the sun, will tell you that we have a large amount of sun spot activity right now. This causes the sun to burn hotter.
- That the world is not warming. God is working in his own way to fill the prophecies of the Bible - Source(s): The Holy Bible
- The man made effect on global warming cannot be reversed until the humanity minimises its comforts and luxury and returns to austere living. There is no second choice.
- Congress can't control global warming. It is nature, just like it has been for millions of years when there were ups and downs in global temperatures. Remember the ice age? I would like to see government butt out of the countless number of facets in our lives that isn't your business. Government's job is to protect us from our enemies, like Arab terrorists, and Mexican invaders.
- Stop the political wrangling. Humans are not responsible for global warming. Gee, maybe, perhaps, the big giant BALL of FIRE in the SKY is!
- Please understand, global warming has little to do with us. Sure, some (less than one degree) may have to do with our carbon emissions. Look over world history. There have always been cooling and warming trends (can you say "Ice Age"). Please support our President and our troops, and stop trying to undermine our country.